Brain health is so important, but we often don’t think about it. When you’re young, your brain needs proper nutrition to grow and develop. As you age, your brain starts to change in many ways, but you still need proper nutrition. One study reports, “the volume of the brain and/or its weight declines with age at a rate of around 5% per decade after age 40.”1
However, you don’t have to worry because taking care of your brain is easier than you think.
Keep reading to learn how to increase your brain power.
1. Exercise Regularly
Exercise, like aerobic training, weight training, and even yoga, can contribute to a healthy brain. Studies show those who remain active have higher levels of brain proteins that enhance connections between neurons, improving memory and overall cognition.2
2. Take Choline
Choline is a vital nutrient for brain function and development, and an ingredient in 4Life’s RiteStart® Kids & Teens formula. It can also be found in many of the foods you already eat such as meat, fish, and vegetables.3 RiteStart Kids & Teens is a great way to boost kids' immune system and brain health during the school season.*
4. Stress Less
Did you know that stress can affect your brain? One study revealed that over a 5-year period, increases in saliva cortisol (an indicator of stress) reduced hippocampal volume in the brain.4 This part of the brain plays a major role in learning and memory. For stress management and brain support, try out 4Life Transfer Factor Reflexion ®, a blend tailored to help you cope with everyday stress, improve mood, and cognitive focus.
3. Solve a Puzzle
Whether you are a puzzle expert or not, research shows that regularly taking part in word or puzzle games can reinforce connections between brain cells, improve mental speed, and improve short term memory.5 This activity is not only good for your brain, but it’s a relaxing hobby that can boost your mood, too!
5. Eat Foods that Help Your Brain Function
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids, found in foods such as nuts and fish, are a great building block for the brain.6 It’s important to get these omega-3s from both plant and fish sources in order to reap even more benefits. RiteStart® Men and RiteStart® Women contain these essential fatty acids and other important nutrients to support brain health, skin health, eye health, and more.*7
- Sichuan pepper: Sichuan pepper, a key ingredient found in 4Life Transfer Factor FeelRite®, supports healthy brain function and efficiency, eases feelings of emotional lows and duress, and acts on the endocannabinoid system. This system controls most of your body’s critical functions like temperature, pain control, emotional processing, learning, and stress.*8
- Grapes and berries: Grapes and berries are antioxidant-rich foods which can protect the brain from oxidative stress and cell damage. One study shows that blueberries and grape juice even improved memory performance.9 4Life’s Riovida® formula combines vitamin C with natural fruit juices like purple grapes, blueberries, and açaí to give you all the brain power you need!*
- Ginkgo biloba: Labeled by some as the “brain herb,” ginkgo biloba may have incredible effects on our memory and cognition. As we age, it is harder to get rid of free radicals in the body, which attack our brain cells. Ginkgo contains plenty of antioxidants that may help cancel out those free radicals.10 This herb is found in 4Life Transfer Factor ReCall® for enhanced brain function and improved memory.*
Ready for better brain and immune system support?* Click on the products below to learn more!
4Life Supplements that Support Healthy Brain Function*
4Life Transfer Factor ReCall
Features certified 4Life Transfer Factor®
to educate immune cells* and promotes healthy brain function via blood circulation support*
4Life Transfer Factor FeelRite
Supports and improves healthy brain function and efficient processing*
Two packs of RiteStart daily provides a daily serving of 4Life Transfer Factor®
for optimal immune system support, while promoting phenomenal performance, stamina, and health.*
This product features a winning combination of supplements for comprehensive wellness support, including healthy hormone balance.*
The only liquid dietary supplement in the world to feature the immune-boosting benefits of 4Life’s patented Tri-Factor®
Formula and antioxidant-rich superfruits*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**External links provided in 4Life blog posts are provided strictly as a courtesy to blog readers who may find the linked pages interesting. 4Life is not endorsing these websites or vouching for the accuracy of any information found on these external sites.